Powered By Blogger

June 21, 2011

YOUNG SOUL


Breaking off all the worldly barriers,
I want to remain as youthful as ever
At least in my thoughts.
With the graceful passage of years
Which we call as AGE,
I want to adorn my youth
With a soul which is
Neither young nor old;

Intrinsically it is outside time,
And identically the same
At the end of a heavily burdened life
As on the morning of rising sun.
When I speak of a soul as young or old
I am not trying to import chronology
Into something that is outside time.
That is impossible.
What I am discussing is the soul
As a psychological reality.
This demands an explanation.

Our actions have their origin in ourselves
And yet they shape us;
They dispose us to act this way or that,
They create an inclination,
A personal way of forming a judgment.
And as the result of such judgments
And choices and basic preferences
Provided they are often enough repeated
And fit in with each other - a spirit,
A mentality becomes a reality within us.

No comments:

Post a Comment